The Ontario Hawking Club maintains a supply of bands which are designed specifically for wild birds and meet MNRF requirements. These bands fit any raptor and can be applied without special tools.
To order a leg band from the Ontario Hawking Club, you will need to supply your Wild Capture Authorization number and your falconry license number. Bands are supplied only if you meet ALL of the following conditions:
- You are a licensed Ontario falconer with a valid wild capture authorization. You must supply your falconry licence number and authorization number.
- You may not transfer the band to any other person. If it is not used in the year for which it was issued, you must destroy it. You cannot hold it for use in the future.
- You may not use the band for anything other than a raptor caught under your Wild Capture Authorization. It cannot, for example, be used for an unreleasable rehab bird, or a captive bred bird that was not banded with a seamless band.
- Only one leg band per Authorization will be provided- please be careful not to loose or damage it.
Bands will be mailed out using Canada Post, please allow 2-3 weeks for your band to arrive. If you are planning on trapping in the fall, it’s a good idea to order the band in the summer so that you will have it when you go trapping.
Band application instructions are here: Leg band instructions
If you have questions, please contact the OHC President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bands are free to OHC club members. Send an email to: email@example.com and include
- your falconry licence number
- your wild take authorization number
- your home mailing address
Non- OHC Members:
Bands cost $20.00 for non-members and you should allow 3 weeks for your band to arrive.
There are three payments methods but in all cases you must provide your falconry licence number, wild take authorization number and physical mailing address.
- You can pay on-line using the PayPal link below. You do not need to have a PayPal account, you can use the service as a one-time “guest” with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or a debit card. Please be sure that your correct home mailing address is provided.
- You may mail a cheque for $20.00 to: Louise Engel, 3678 Victoria Ave, Vineland, ON, L0R 2C0. Cheques should be payable to The Ontario Hawking Club.
- You can send an e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use this password: falconry