The Ontario Hawking Club maintains a supply of bands which are designed specifically for wild birds and meet MNRF requirements. These bands fit any raptor and can be applied without special tools.
To order a leg band from the Ontario Hawking Club, you will need to supply your falconry license number. Bands are supplied only if you meet ALL of the following conditions:
- You are a licensed Ontario falconer holding an Apprentice, General Falconry or Commercial falconry licence. You must supply your falconry licence number.
- You may not transfer the band to any other person.
- You may not use the band for anything other than a raptor caught under your falconry licence. It cannot, for example, be used for an unreleasable rehab bird, or a captive bred bird that was not banded with a seamless band.
- Only one leg band per year will be provided- please be careful not to loose or damage it.
Bands will be mailed out using Canada Post, please allow 2-3 weeks for your band to arrive. If you are planning on trapping in the fall, it’s a good idea to order the band in the summer so that you will have it when you go trapping.
Band application instructions are here: Leg band instructions
If you have questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bands are free to OHC club members. Send an email to: email@example.com and include
- your falconry licence number
- your home mailing address
Non- OHC Members:
Bands cost $20.00 for non-members and you should allow 3 weeks for your band to arrive.
There are three payments methods but in all cases you must provide your falconry licence number and physical mailing address.
- You can pay on-line using the PayPal link below. You do not need to have a PayPal account, you can use the service as a one-time “guest” with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or a debit card. Please be sure that your correct home mailing address is provided.
- You may mail a cheque for $20.00 to: Louise Engel, 1118 Effingham Rd, Fenwich, ON, L0s 1C0. Cheques should be payable to The Ontario Hawking Club.
- You can send an e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use this password: falconry